Top Application Requirements

Hong Kong Permanent Resident or possesses company employment contract proving employment in Hong Kong.

Document required:

Top 1. Copy of Employer’s HKID card

Top 2. Income Proofs, (please choose one of the following items):

  1. Monthly salary of HK$15,000. (for the last consecutive 3 months Bank in reference)
  2. The latest demand for tax issued by the Inland Revenue Department (HK$180,000 per year)
  3. Last 6 months bank fixed deposit >HK$360,000.
    *Must show salary statement of the past 6 months and the name of the bank account holder
  4. *the combination from a couple or with other family members is also accepted, but the evidence must be in the same format.
    1. If one party is acting as employer but without income proof, the other party must provide evidence:
    2. Copy of Marriage Certificate (Marriage Relationship: If the marriage certificate is lost, birth certificate of kids may be used as proof of marital relationship.)
    3. Copy of Birth Certificate (Parents and Children relationship)
    4. Copy of Birth Certificate (Brother relationship)
    Top 3. Address Proofs

    - Demand for rates/ water/ electricity bills/ gas/ /home telephone (bills with your spouse name will only be accepted upon submission of marriage proof)
    - Please supply proof document from Housing Department if living in public housing estates. (Must also submit letter from Housing Department and photos)

    Top 4. Household information Names

    - English name in full, date of birth and HKID number (passport number and birth certificate number is also valid)

    Top 5. Letter of Guarantee

    - If you want to employ domestic helpers for your parents or family, you have to submit proofs of relationship and a letter of guarantee stating that you will be responsible for all expenses.

    Top 6. If you already hired a Domestic Helper

    - Photo copy of the HKID of domestic helper, employment contract and passport.

    Top 7. Employers' Responsibilities

    - All employers shall take out insurance policies to cover their full liabilities as soon as the Helper arrived.
    - All employers should grant your domestic helper at least 1 rest day in every period of 7 days
    - All helpers should have 12 statutory holidays in a year
    - The helper should only work in the employer's residence as stated in the employment contract.
    - the employer shall give one month's prior notice or payment in lieu to the helpers, according to the Labour Ordinance, as well as the return trip air ticket and transportation fee.
    - The employer may terminate the contract, in accordance with the Labour Ordinance, by giving one month's notice or payment in lieu, also has to pay to the Helper a return ticket to her home country and transportation expense.
    - All helper should be granted paid annual leave for every 12 months of service.
    - The employer has to pay to the Helper a return ticket to her home country and transportation expense for all reason to stop the contract.

    License No.:

    License No.:

    POEA No.: